Sunday, April 3, 2011

The frustrations of spending 8 hours alone with your 87 yr old Grandmother

I know its been a long time since I posted last but that's because not much has been happening and I felt I kept repeating myself and it was getting shorter and shorter, but I have something to write about tonight.
This weekend I went to stay with my aunt because my aide wanted to go away for the weekend and I rather not be alone for an entire weekend without help. My 87 yr old Grandmother lives with my Aunt and Saturday my Aunt had a funeral to go to so I was there alone with my Grandmother for 8 hours as the funeral was a good drive away!!
Those who really know me knows that without a computer and a TV I feel as though I'm back in the Little House on the Prairie days!! LOL
On Saturday my Aunt left about 1:00 for the funeral, right after she left thier Satilite Dish got screwed up and that was the longest 8 hours of my life!! Don't get me wrong I love my Grandma dearly but at times I think she's living in the past when I was 10!!
It's really challenging trying to reason with or talk to an older person, its as if they are going through the toddler stages all over again.
You know its really sad because I'm remembering my Grandma from 20 yrs ago when she was full of life and not so confused at times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment